Dr. Jerome Zeldis- Chair
- Dr. Jerome B. Zeldis was Chief Medical Officer and President of Clinical Research, Regulatory, and Safety at Sorrento Therapeutics. He was Chief Executive Officer of Celgene Global Health and Chief Medical Officer of Celgene Corporation. Prior to that he was Celgene’s Senior Vice President of Clinical Research and Medical Affairs and had been at Celgene since February 1997 before joining Sorrento. He attended Brown University for an A.B., M.S., followed by Yale University for an M.Phil., M.D., Ph.D. in Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry (immunochemistry). Dr. Zeldis trained in Internal Medicine at the UCLA Center for the Health Sciences and Gastroenterology at the Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School. . He has been a board member of several start-up biotechnology companies and is currently on the board of the PTC Corporation (PTCT), Soligenix, Trek Therapeutics and Bionor Pharma. He has published 122 peer reviewed articles and created 43 US patents.
Dr. Stephen Brigido
- Dr. Brigido is an accomplished surgeon and entrepreneur with seventeen years of experience in foot and ankle surgery, regenerative medicine, and product development. In his role as a foot and ankle surgeon, Dr. Brigido has served as Chief of the Foot and Ankle Section at Coordinated Health for ten years and has been the Director of the prestigious Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Fellowship for 9 years; with each of his fellows moving on to some of the most revered institutions in the country. In 2013, Dr. Brigido was named Professor of Surgery at the Geisinger Commonwealth Medical College and has over 100 peer-reviewed publications and book chapters in his name. He’s been featured on numerous media outlets for his research in biomaterials and regenerative scaffolds as well as Total Ankle replacement surgery. In 2019, Dr. Brigido was named President of the Functional Regeneration Division at Celularity, a multi-platform cell therapy company in Warren NJ.
- In addition to his role at Celularity; Dr. Brigido serves on the Board of Directors of Plazmology4, is a managing partner and founder at Venel Holdings LLC, and partner in BBHP Medical LLC, a healthcare incubator company. Dr. Brigido has commercialized over 40 orthopedic implants and biomaterials and has numerous patents in the field of orthopedics and regenerative medicine. He received his Bachelor of Science from Randolph-Macon College and his Doctor of Podiatric Medicine from Temple University.
Dr Steven Banco
- Stephen P. Banco, MD is a board-certified, fellowship-trained Orthopaedic Spinal Surgeon. Dr. Banco received his undergraduate degree from Lehigh University. He attended Jefferson Medical College and completed his residency at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and The Rothman Institute. Dr. Banco completed a spinal surgery fellowship at The New England Baptist Hospital in Boston.
- Dr. Banco is currently on the Editorial Review Board of Clinical Spine Surgery and has recently authored two book chapters in The Spine. He has published original research articles in The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Spine and Current Opinions in Orthopaedics.
- Dr. Banco is the President of Keystone Spine and Pain Management Center. He is President-Emeritus and a founding member of Keystone Orthopaedic Specialists and maintains active privileges at The Surgical Institute of Reading and Penn State Health/St Joseph’s. Dr. Banco has been a practicing orthopaedic spinal surgeon for 14 years.